Frequently Asked Questions
About Our Trips
What should I bring?
- Light clothing (for the tropics)
- Footwear that can get wet
- Hat or Visor
- Swimwear (for snorkeling package)
- Extra dry clothes
- Waterproof camera to capture the fun!
What’s included in the trip price?
- Private Boat
- US Coast Guard Licensed Captain
- Fishing License Captain
- Dedicated Crew
- All Fishing Equipment
- Snorkeling Equipment (Available for snorkeling package)
- Snacks (Chips, etc.)
- Drinks: water & soft drinks
- Lunch (Only for ¾ day and full day trip: Sandwiches)
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- You keep Catch
Amenities available onboard
- Rods, Reels & Tackle, etc.
- Fishing Chair
- GPS, Fishfinder, Outriggers
- Life jacket in all sizes
- Ice Cooler
- Snorkeling Equipment (Available on the boat for snorkeling package)
How many people can be on boat?
Up to 6 people.
Can we bring our own ice cooler?
No. It is not allowed for our passengers to bring a personal ice cooler due to the limited cargo space on the boat.
On the other hand, our tour includes cold drinks (water & soft drinks) and ice cooler for our guests.
What types of fishing you offer?
- Inshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
Do we need to bring any fishing equipment?
No. We will provide all the fishing gear and equipment required for the fishing experience during the trip.
What fishing techniques you we offer?
We offer the following fishing techniques:
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Spearfishing (Bring your own equipment)
- Deep Sea Fishing
Which fish species can I catch?
There are various species of fish that anglers can fish in Puerto Rico. The species vary depending on the season of the year.
- Great Barracuda
- Cero Mackerel
- Gag Grouper
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Blue Marlin
- Red Snapper
- Vermillion Snapper
- Bluefin Tuna
- Yellowfin Tuna
- Wahoo, among others
Learn more about other types of species! Click Here!
Do I need to know how to fish or have any experience?
No. You don’t need to know how to fish. Whether you are an expert fisherman or you have never been fishing before, we will help you and guide you with our expert crew on board.
Can I bring my own snorkeling equipment?
Yes! You are welcome to bring your own gear. Many people have used their own mask and snorkel, (but there is no discount for that).
Do you provide snorkeling equipment?
Yes! We provide complete snorkeling equipment. This includes masks, snorkel, fins and safety belts (floaters). This applies just to the Private Fishing & Snorkel package.
Islands spots options for snorkeling
FISHING TOURS - For the Snorkeling Tour Package you can select one (1) of the Island options:
- Icaco Island
- Lobos Island
- Palominito Island
SAILING ADVENTURES - You can select one (1) or two (2) of the Island options, depend of the tour selected:
- Icaco Island
- Palominito Island
Booking and Payments
What are the trip rates for Konk'lma Fishing Charters?
Offshore Private Fishing | Book Now!
- $650 - Half Day Trip (4 hours)
- $850 - ¾ Day Trip (6 hours)
- $1,350 - Full Day Trip (8 hours)
Inshore Private Fishing | Book Now!
- $550 - Half Day Trip (4 hours)
Private Fishing and Snorkel | Book Now!
- $850 - ¾ Day Trip (6 hours)
What are the trip rates for Bezo Sailing Adventures?
What methods of payment do you accept?
We accept the following forms of payments:
We are unable to hold or reserve spaces for any tour or activity without due payment. Valid credit card info is required to make reservations.
Tips (optional) must be paid in cash directly to the tour guides or staff members.
How do I get the details of my trip?
You will receive detailed information with your email confirmation once booked.
You can also call us at (787) 413-9528 if you would like more references.
Can we tip the guides?
If you wish to show your gratitude for a job well done, our guides would certainly appreciate it! The most common way to tip workers in Puerto Rico is to give them 10% to 20% of your total fee.
Is the tour shared with other external groups?
No. This is not a shared trip with other external groups. It's a private trip. Six (6) people are allowed in the private group.
Only the person who is doing the reservation can include additional people in their group.
Location and Transportation
Location and Meeting Point
It is a 40 to 50 minutes from most of the San Juan Metro Area hotels. We recommend using Google Map to have a better time estimate for more references.
Do you provide transportation?
No. We don’t provide a pick-up and drop-off transportation. Options Available:
- Self-drive or Rental Car
- We can recommend local taxi drivers
How long does it take to drive from San Juan?
The driving distance from San Juan to Fajardo is approximately one hour, depending on traffic conditions.
Is there parking?
Yes! We have free parking in Villa Pesquera Sunbay (Fishing Tours) and SunBay Marina (Sailing Tours).
What is your cancellation policy?
We have 24 hours cancellation policy.
- Cancellation of 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled time will receive the refund of the deposit amount.
- Less than 24 hours notice or not showing up on the day of your registration, the deposit amount will not be refunded.
NOTE: All reservation changes must be made by phone. You must make sure to speak to someone of our crew team at (787) 413-9528 for any cancellation.
If we are forced to cancel a tour due to weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances, we will offer you the solutions that best fit your needs and upon availability, including rescheduling to another date or full refund.
Please be aware that we reserve the right to change the destination of the fishing trip due to water conditions at the captain’s discretion.
If we need to cancel due to weather conditions, we will call you to notify you as soon as possible.
IMPORTANT: Please do not make the mistake of deciding not to attend because you think the weather might not be acceptable, as you will still be charged.
If it rains, will the tour will be cancelled?
Puerto Rico is a tropical island, and weather conditions can vary wildly from metro San Juan to our docks in Fajardo. It can be raining in San Juan, where you are staying, and be perfectly nice at our fishing and snorkeling destination.
Unless contacted by a representative, the tour will run as scheduled. If we do cancel a fishing tour due to weather and/or sea conditions, a representative will contact you to reschedule or give you a full refund.
Please be advice that we are going on a Fishing trip and Not a Catching trip. For this reason, we will never guarantee that will hook or catch a fish, but we guarantee the best price.
Sometimes fishing is not guaranteed due to weather conditions and not always you will fish immediately.
OUR COMMITMENT: We will always do our best to try to catch a fish and give you an excellent customer service experience during the fishing trip.
What happens if we arrive late?
- If the customer arrive later than the scheduled time, the lost time due to the delay will be deducted from the fishing tour hours, and we will return at the same established time. The full rate will be charged.
- Please be at least 10 to 15 minutes before your requested fishing tour time, in that way we will spend less time at the dock which means more time in the sea with the fishing experience. Returning time will not change.
Safety Information and Health Warnings
We have first aid equipment and rescue equipment on board and our crew members are trained in first aid. CPR certification.
- Not recommended for guests with limited mobility.
- Not recommended for pregnant women or expecting mothers
- No wheelchair accessible.
- Not recommended for people in wheelchairs due to the instability of the boat in the water.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems, heart problems or any other serious medical conditions.
- The boat tour could be quite bouncy, make sure you are physically and mentally prepared.
- For safety reasons, we do not recommend participating in any snorkeling activity if you have respiratory problems, injuries, heart conditions or conditions that can cause loss of consciousness.
Are there age restrictions on our trips?
We welcome (Ages 3+)
Are pets or services animals allowed?
No. We don’t allow pets or services animals on board.
Can we bring our own alcohol?
Our rate includes water and soft drink. Also, if available, we sell local beer.
Yes. You can bring alcohol, but glass bottles are not accepted on the boat.
Private Tours & Charters
We offer private tours and charter. For more information about activities of private groups or special events, please visit our Contact Us Section in this site. Let us know how we can help you.
Can I just do part of the trip?
Did we answer your questions satisfactory>
If you have any aditional question or need more information not covered in our website, send us an email to email@example.com or go to Contact Us and send us a message.
Ready to get started?